Json.Compact.dll for Windows CE 5.0?

Sep 22, 2010 at 7:39 PM

We are using Windows CE 5.0, .NET Compact Framework 3.5, and Newtonsoft.Json.Compact.dll.  When calling JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(), we are getting an exception:

"Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969DB8053D3322AC'."

I suspect Newtonsoft.Json.Compact.dll is built for a later version of Windows CE.  Is there one for Windows CE 5.0?

Michael.Valentiner@McKesson.com
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2010 at 9:21 AM

No. Download the source and modify the Compact project so it compiles.

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Problem is that VS 2008 won't let me open the project file ("project type is not supported by this installation").  I'll try to hack around that.

Sep 23, 2010 at 7:06 PM
Edited Sep 23, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Actually, the problem was that I didn't have the 6.0 SDK installed.

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Hi,

Am having this same problem. That is, Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969DB8053D3322AC'.

Am using windows mobile application. I have included a reference to the Newtonsoft.Json.dll ( windows phone) assembly in my project, and added "using Newtonsoft.Json;" line to the beginning of file. Actually i get the JSON output from WCF rest SERVICE and tried to serialize this outptut. At this situation i got the above same eeror. I could not resolve this issue.

sample code:

string url = "http://winxser4/WCFRESTCLIENT01/WidgetManager.svc/widgets";

WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create(url);
            WebResponse ws = request.GetResponse();
            string jsonString = string.Empty;
            using (System.IO.StreamReader sreader = new System.IO.StreamReader(ws.GetResponseStream()))
            {
                jsonString = sreader.ReadToEnd();
            }

var myItems = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<Widget>(jsonString); // This line thows error.

Thanks in adnvance

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Make sure you have all the Microsoft components and SDKs. For me, that was VS 2008, .NET 3.5, and Windows SDK 6.0. That resolved the issue for me.

-----------------------------------------------------

Mike Valentiner

McKesson / Solution Design Group

michael.valentiner@mckesson.com

May 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I have the same problem as above. Installing, reinstalling components doesn't help. I tried to install the platform on a clean virtual machine - no luck. Can somebody help?

VS 2008, .NET 3.5, and Windows SDK 6.0. Running on Windows Mobile 6.0 emulator. Error occurs when I call JsonConvert.SerializeObject();