Windows App Cert Kit fails

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:34 AM
Edited Jun 3, 2012 at 5:34 AM
Hi,

if I run Windows App Cert Kit to validate my Metro Style App the uses Json.Net, I get the following validation error:

Supported Metro style API test
FAILED
Supported APIs
  • Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
    • API System.Reflection.TypeInfo.get_Module in SYSTEM.REFLECTION, PUBLICKEYTOKEN=B03F5F7F11D50A3A is not supported for this application type. Newtonsoft.Json.dll calls this API.
  • Impact if not fixed: Using an API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Metro style apps violates the Windows Store certification requirements.
  • How to fix: Review the error messages to identify the API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Metro style apps. Please note, C++ apps that are built in a debug configuration will fail this test even if it only uses APIs from the Windows SDK for Metro style apps. See the link below for more information:
    Alternatives to Windows APIs in Metro style apps.
Jun 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Hi,

You just have to open the solution (\Sources\Src\Newtonsoft.Json.Metro.sln) with VS2012 RC and recompile the project.

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM
lario wrote:

Hi,

You just have to open the solution (\Sources\Src\Newtonsoft.Json.Metro.sln) with VS2012 RC and recompile the project.

Thank lario. It worked for me.

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:38 AM

Hi,

I downloaded the latest source code and tried to compile in release mode with VS 2012 RC Express for Win8 but I get the following error:

Error 1 'DictionaryEntry' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Collections.DictionaryEntry' and 'Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.DictionaryEntry' D:\Development\Json.Net\Src\Newtonsoft.Json\Serialization\JsonSerializerInternalWriter.cs 666 36 Newtonsoft.Json.Metro