DLL Version ?

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:33 PM

What is the best way to check the version (or Release) of a deployed json.net dll?  The dll's have been set to file version 3.5.0.0 for some time even after new releases.  

This has caused us some issues because Visual Studio came across two different versions/releases but didn't realize it (and didn't give us a warning) because the dlls have the same version number.

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:48 AM
hi,

just right click on the .dll and see properties and version.is that u r looking for?

Thanks,
Raghuraj.

On 29 October 2010 03:03, gbrunton <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

What is the best way to check the version (or Release) of a deployed json.net dll? The dll's have been set to file version 3.5.0.0 for some time even after new releases.

This has caused us some issues because Visual Studio came across two different versions/releases but didn't realize it (and didn't give us a warning) because the dlls have the same version number.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Json@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Json@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:02 AM

Right clicked -> Properties -> Details tab

I see the following:

File Description: Newtonsoft Json.NET

Type: Application extension

File version: 3.5.0.0

Product name: Newtonsoft Json.NET

Product version: 3.5.0.0

Copyright: Copyright Newtonsoft 2008

Size: 312KB

Date modified: 9/17/2010 4:09 PM

Language: Language Neutral

Original filename: Newtonsoft.Json.dll

Doing the same thing on an older version of the dll gives me the same info except for a different modified date and size.  

I know that the modified date is specific to my file os.  I can't tell you which release the older version is because it doesn't say.  It also says it is version 3.5.0.0 just like the new version.  The size on the older version is 200 KB.